Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Basic Quiche recipe

I love quiche.  My kids love quiche.  Even before I was "grain free" I would make a crustless quiche.  I am lazy and don't enjoy making pie crust.  Eating a low carb diet, I find I have significantly increased my fat intake.  To reduce some of the fat this recipe uses part cottage cheese.  I am not a huge cottage cheese fan, but you really can't tell it is in there. 

Basic Quiche

1c.  Low fat Cottage Cheese
6-8 eggs (whole or part egg whites)
2-3 cups shredded cheese, preferrably sharp cheddar
2 cups or so sauted or fresh veggies (you can add some bacon if you like or maybe ham)
Seasonings of you choice.  I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne

Beat eggs.  Stir in cheeses and veggies.  Pour in a greased 8x8 pan.  Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

This is so easy to adjust.  Add more cottage cheese, reduce shredded cheese.  Add some sour cream for part of the cottage cheese.  This is a base.  You can decrease the eggs and add more cheese.  You can even add more veggies.  Make a breakfast quiche by leaving out the veggies, pouring egg mixture into a pie plate and putting sausage on the top in a fan pattern.  The kids love it.  I don't think you can mess this up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment