Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Almond Flour Tortillas

I love mexican food.  Eating a "no grain" diet makes it nearly impossible to eat mexican food.  Flour tortillas are totally out.  I tried "Garbanzo bean flour tortillas." Not for me.  Maybe with salsa, but not as a quesadilla.  I think I am more of an almond meal kind of person.  These tortillas really come out like a crepe, but they work for wraps or quesadillas.  So far, they are the best substitute I can find.  Now if I could just find a corn substitute...

Almond Flour Tortillas

2 eggs
1/4 almond flour (maybe more if it isn't thick enough)
1-3 tsp water

Mix all ingredients in a blender to create a smooth batter.  (I use my magic bullet).  Spray a griddle or skillet with olive oil (I use butter) and place over medium heat.  Once the skillet is well heated, pour the batter on to the skillet. To create tortillas, swirl the pan a little to spread the batter.  Do this quickly because the cook fast.  Let the batter cook untouched until it is set on the bottom, then carefully flip and cook the other side. 

I double or triple the recipe as this doesn't make very many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment