Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Goals

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

We must press toward a mark...spiritually as well as physically and practically.  We need to know where we are going and how to get there.  Once we have a plan the work begins...taking each task and working to accomplish it.   Write down the "big picture," but don't focus too much on the big picture.  Focusing on the big picture causes us to feel overwhelmed.  Start with number 1.  When it is completed cross it off...yes paper and pencil here...cross it off with a pencil... a very satisfying feeling.  Now move onto number 2.  Keep going through the list.  It is amazing how much can be completed by setting a goal and focusing on each task individually.

Now to make it personal...

I have a few goals this year...some are personal and I don't want to share with the entire cyber-world, but here are a few:

1.  Get our house in order (a never ending task).  My hubby and I sat down and wrote a list of household goals for this year.  Redoing rooms, cleaning out clutter, putting on a new roof...everything we could think of.

2.  Lose 15 pounds...I wish it were as easy as it sounds.

3.  Have a devotional life...interesting wording...a life filled with devotion...to my Lord...it must start with a devotional time.  I don't mean just reading the Word here...I have done that for years.  I mean really getting to know the Bible and the Lord.

4.  Increase my prayer time.  Praying when I don't have a need.  Just talking to my Saviour.

5.  Be more encouraging.

6.  Work harder at being a friend.

7.  Be a witness for the Lord.

I would love to hear others personal goals for the year as well as any tips for organizing and keeping your goals.  It always helps to have some encouragement along the way.

"Let all things be done decently and in order." -1Corinthians 14:40

1 comment: