Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

W.E.W-Part...Finished!!!!

Well, for the most part we are finished.  We built all the storage furniture. Today my little sister and I assembled some cubbies and brought up all my craft stuff from our family room.  Tonight my hubby hung the wall shelf.  I cleaned out/off my desk.  It is great!!!  It is so nice to have "a place for everything and everything in its place."  Unfortunately, rooms like this are always changing, but at least we are starting off right.

The following picture is the finished half of the room.  All of the shelving houses toys, games, craft/sewing supplies, books, and school stuff.  It is tucked away in the area where the closet used to be.  I like it because it is not the first thing you see when you enter the room.


Our wall shelf will be where we keep most of our "toy library" (see W.E.W-Part 7).  The shelf has decorative braces.  It came out really nice.  The plastic boxes look kind of junky.  I hope to replace them with basket and canvas bins.  You can see some of our old book cases in the photo below.  These will be removed and I will be putting my grandfather's rocker in their place.


I am still working on my office/workspace.  My plan is to replace the folding table with a small desk with a file drawer.  It is a little tricky because I need to put my printer/copier on it and my sewing machine.  I am thinking it would be great to somehow attach a drop leaf to the end to give me more room for sewing.  We will see what happens with that.  For now, I will keep this how it is.  I don't want to rush and do something and then hate it.


I am so excited about this room.  It is inspiring me to tackle other rooms in the house.  We have been in our home for 10 years.  It really is time to do some updating.  Nothing major, just painting and cleaning out. 

With special thanks...My husband is a very special man.  Growing up, my dad did everything.  There wasn't anything he couldn't fix or build or do. When I was a teenager I worried that I would marry someone who couldn't do anything.  Who didn't know how to fix things or didn't want too.  God has blessed me with a husband who like my dad can do anything.  There isn't anything he can't build or fix.  I love him so much and appreciate all the long hours he put into our playroom.  I love you, baby!!!!



2 comments:

  1. WOW that looks FANTASTIC! I love it! You are very inspiring. Especially love how the cubbie boxes worked out. I definitely need to do more with my cubbies... It all looks so organized!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that room came out fantastic!!! I love the cubbies. That's one thing I went with when I re-did Hailey's room. Awesome job guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete