Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

School's In

Monday began our 2011-2012 school year.  This is a year of firsts for us.  LE's first year of school, my first time teaching 2 at the same time, first time using My Father's World curriculum (http://www.mfwbooks.com/) and Apologia Science (http://www.apologia.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1).  Well, we really haven't started Apologia.  My Father's World (MFW) is a combination of History/Geography, Science, and Bible.  The plan use MFW and Apologia.  MFW is quite a bit more involved than I expected so for now I am going put Apologia on hold. 

Our first day was a little shaky.  At the end of the day I was thinking, "How am I going to teach two kids who need one on one attention?"  Day two went much better.  I am trying not to stress about how long things are taking.  I am hopeful as we move further into the year and become more familiar with the new curriculum our time will  be used more efficiently.   I will keep you "posted."

No comments:

Post a Comment