Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

My little girl, LE, is growing so fast.  On Sunday she told me she needed to make a homemade dessert for a Kid's choir party at church.  We spent yesterday afternoon making chocolate chip cookies.  It seems like it wasn't too long ago that baking with her was a bit of a test of my patience.  Now, at 5, she is very interested in getting out all of the ingredients, measuring, even scooping the dough onto the pan.  (We have this great cookie scoop that a friend gave me http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=01094782  works very well for small hands. With help from mom of course) Not only is she interested, she does a great job! 

Yesterday, was a hectic day for us...dentist appointments (a cavity...ugh), bottle and can recycling, baking, cooking, cleaning.  Trying to get it all done before mom going out at night and kids camping out with dad in the backyard.  Inspite of the craziness, it is nice to have that one small spot in the day making a memory with my little girl.  It is my prayer that those little "spots" in the day will be something she keeps in her heart for the rest of her life and helps make her the lady I desire her to become.  That she will be able to look back and say, "I remember when me and mom used to..."  I know I will.

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."-Ps 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment