Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Being Ready

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." -Ps 5:3

My prayer times is lacking...almost non-existent.  It is work and takes time and I am lazy.  Oh, I pray at meal time and at little times throughout the day, but rarely do I take time to just pray and pour out my heart to my Saviour and ask for His direction. 

Yesterday, the Lord reminded me how much I need to be in prayer and having an actual relationship with him.  I was put in an unexpected situation and was at loss for words.  It wasn't a bad situation.  Simply a situation where I needed my words to be directed by the Holy Spirit.  If I had been taking the time in my personal Bible time to truly fellowship with the Lord and plead for His direction, I may have been prepared and not felt like I blundered everything.

A relationship with someone requires communication.  Many times in our human relationships we get frustrated because "They just aren't listening!"  To have a true relationship with God we need to communicate.  Not just hear what He has to say from His Word, but talk to Him.  Reading the Bible is important, but it is not communicating.  We/I cannot have a relationship with someone who I don't take the time to talk to.  There will be no fellowship there, no intimate relationship built.    In turn, I will have no direction for the day.  I will be doing things through me and my wisdom and have no idea what God wants me to do.

Mrs. Lee Marshall said one time (I am paraphrasing) what we get from God in our devotions we can give to our chilldren.  That works not only for our children but for everyone around us.  If I am comuning with my Lord, He will give me what I need.  When a situation arises I will have His words and direction.  I know this.  I just need to apply it to my life.  Through the next several days I need to evaluate my prayer/devotional time and come up with a plan and some goals to make it better. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee."--Ps. 51:10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment