Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birthday Out

My birthday is June 2.  I am not one for parties.  I hate opening presents in front of people.  I hate having "Happy Birthday" sung to me while I sit there with everyone staring at me.  I hate blowing out the candles.  So, I usually do everything I can not to have a party.  My birthday is also at a very busy time of year.  I don't want to add anything else to my schedule or anyone else's. 

This year my husband asked me what I would like to do on my birthday.  I told him I would love to go out for the day.  Maybe get a manicure, go shopping or something.  The only thing is I wouldn't want to go and leave the house a mess or have anything else to do. Just a relaxing day.  I also would love to just go out to dinner with him and the kids.

Well, yesterday my wonderful man took me out to a beautiful park for the day.  The Lord blessed us with a warm, sunny day.  It was perfect. We sat by the pond relaxing and talking.    We walked the nature trails, saw a snapping turtle and simply enjoyed being together. 

On the way back Dave decided we should stop home so he could change his shirt before we went out to dinner with the kids (who were with Auntie all day--Thank you!!!).  We walked into the house and I smelled laundry detergent. Hmmm...that is weird.  I hadn't done laundry.   When I got upstairs, there were clothes hanging on the clothes racks. I thought, "When in the world did he get that laundry done?"  Then I looked.  Could it be a perfectly clean house.  How in the world did that happen?  My mom, sisters, mom-in-law, sisters-in-law, and neices!!!!  I was soooo surprised (and embarrassed my house was such a disaster).  What a blessing!!!! 

It was just a perfect day.  After the shock, we picked up the kids and headed out for dinner.  Steak and Lobster tails...an Outback special.  It was delicious. 

What a day!!!!  It is very overwhelming.  It is hard to list all of the blessings of the day in a few short paragraphs.  To sum it up..."Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation..." --Ps 68:19 

No comments:

Post a Comment