Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our Verse

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." -Isaiah 26:3  What better way to start a blog than to share my favorite verse. 

About 15 years ago I was dating my husband.  I was about 17 and very nervous about our relationship as I was so young.  One day the Lord brought this verse to mind.  Amazingly, the next letter I received from "my man" had the very same verse signed to it.  I hadn't shared what the Lord gave me with him.  It was just like the Lord was saying, "Trust me.  It will all be okay."  Since then, it has been "Our Verse."

God has used this verse in our lives so many times I can't even tell you.  Keeping our focus on Him is a not an easy task.  Daily life takes our mind off of our Lord, but His promise is still true.  If we keep our heart and mind "stayed" on Him, He in return will give His "perfect peace."  Life has many "bumps in the road" but God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment