Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

February-New Month Resolution Check up

Two more days and I made it.

On January 31, I set some new New Month Resolutions (see earlier post).  I am happy to say that 98% of the time I was able to complete each task. 

Here were my resolutions and a little note on how I did (in bold):

1.  Set New Month Resolutions for March during the last week of February.  In the works.  Should be ready by Wednesday.

2.  Do one full load of laundry (wash, dry, fold, put away) every weekday and as much as possible on the weekends.  Do one delicate load on the days that are necessary.  I shocked my self at how well this went.  Mondays are hard after not doing much on the weekend.  I wash and dry in the morning.  In the afternoon the kids and I fold and put away.  Really has helped a lot.

3.  Complete one 10 minute chore (see http://stephanieodea.com/) each weekday.  This has been great!!  The kids are having fun seeing how quickly they can get their chore done.  I am pleased with how much I have been able to get accomplished in a short time.  There is still much to do!!! 

4.  Work on "after meal chores" with the kids (washing dishes, wiping table, cleaning under their chair).  My main focus with this one has been breakfast.  So far, so good. 

The Popsicle Stick Jars have worked great.  The kids have really "risen to the occasion" and helped out.  We have started some other things with the kids as well.including nightly bedroom checks before supper and new chore charts (a post for another time)...same chores new chart.  I feel good about the progress we have made.   I like little steps.  There is still so much to do, but I feel like we will get there...one little step at a time.

Enjoy the day!
Di

No comments:

Post a Comment