Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Back on track...I think

One of the reasons I started this blog was to keep track of my diet and recipes.  My nutritionist had put me on a "no grain/no sugar" diet due to my hypoglycemia.  I did well for about 3-4 months and was feeling well.  Then vacation hit.  For the past 2 months I have been eating poorly.  My body was telling me "you need to stop," but it was very hard to break the cycle.  What could I do?   Go back on my diet.  That is what to do.  Really, diet is how we eat.  It shouldn't be something I switch back and forth on.  I need to ultimately change me eating habits and stick with that forever.  Forever???  Never have any kind of grains forever????  I don't think I can do that realistically. 

I have decided to add some whole grains to my diet.  Not at every meal.  Maybe only one per day or less.  I have had brown rice and whole wheat pizza crust (which was surprisingly very yummy).  My mother-in-law also bought me some crackers that are gluten free/wheat free.  They are not grain free, but the only grain in them is rice.  I am going to use those as a treat.  We will see how it goes.  The best gauge for me is how I feel. 

I do not have a sensitivity (that I am aware of) to grains.  The whole point of my diet is to maintain an even sugar level.  I believe I can do this and still introduce some whole grains into my diet.  I will do my best to post the recipes I try and my progress. I am anxious to try buckwheat/steel cut oat granola and 100% buck wheat pancakes. 

The conclusion:  Eat right.  This is the only body I have.  I can't be useful to the Lord or my family if I don't take care of it.  It is the Lord's temple.  He doesn't want it full of junk, sluggish and unhealthy.  He can give me the strength to stay on track. 

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."--Ps 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment