Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

July-New Month Resolutions

How long has it been since I made new month resolutions?  Probably as long as it has been since I have kept them.  Honestly, that is one reason I like to set "New Month Resolutions."  About every 30 days there is a clean slate, a new start, a time to look back and see where I have failed and a time to look ahead and see what changes I need to make.  You can read about my previous resolutions in earlier posts, if you have nothing else to do. 

I am not looking back in this post, though.  I am looking forward.  School is out and has been for about 2 months now.  It has been a whirlwind of vacations, a home school convention, de-cluttering, cleaning, and just plain busyness.  I would like to say things are slowing down now, but looking ahead to our church's Camp Meeting next week I don't think that will happen for a little bit.  I do feel as if things are slowing a little and I am looking forward to the break.  Maybe we will even make some day trips or have pool time at a friend's house.  We will see how all that goes. 

As for my resolutions...

Spiritual Resolutions:

1.  To be spiritually minded.
  • Romans 8: 6, "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
  • Romans 8:13, " For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."
2.  To be more encouraging.  To praise my children more.
  • Proverbs 25:11,  "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Physical Resolutions:

1.  Laundry.  One of my resolutions back in February was to do one full load of laundry each day.  Some weeks have gone well with this, others not so much.  Lately, I have been doing well.  One thing that has helped is folding clothes right out of the dryer.  I haven't timed myself, but I would guess it only takes 5minutes to fold a full load of laundry.  Then I just bring it up and put it away or have the kids put it away (a better option).    So my resolution is to maintain.  Keep doing daily loads and folding right out of the dryer.

2.  Ten minute chore.  I have found the popsicle sticks have gone a little by the wayside with our end of school/summer vacation mindset.  I have been cleaning out around the house.  I am trying to take one task in each of the kids rooms most days.  This seems to be working with our schedule.  I do hope to get back to the popsicle sticks once school starts up again.  I like the randomness of it.  I think for summer when I have more time a little more focused cleaning/decluttering is necessary.

3.  Exercise.  I just need to do it.  Period.  I have a treadmill in my family room.  I have no excuse.  I have lost about 10 pounds this year.  I would like to lose 15 more.  I know exercise would help that.  I need to get in gear and do it. 

4.  Write 2 more blog posts this month.  I am not a writer.  It doesn't come easy and I don't really enjoy it (you can probably tell).  I have to be in the mood.   I have a blog though.  There is no sense having a blog if I am not going to write posts.

We are a little more than half way through the year.  How are your goals coming for the year?  Any suggestions or tips?  I would love to hear them.

Enjoy your day!
Di




No comments:

Post a Comment